Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 17. Why can't I just like this book??

Day 17 of the 30 Day Book Challenge is all about a book that I have read, and do not like, even though I want to like it.

Now, most people who know me and hear my nerd side come out a lot will probably be shocked by this answer, but the book that I just cannot bring myself to love nearly as much as the one before and after it is.....

The Two Towers by J R Tolkien. Gasps! Yes! I know!!! I'm horrible....

But I just cannot bring myself to like it nearly as much as the other two books. Don't get me wrong, there are some really good parts in the book! (The second half of the book anyways...)

But seriously, I took a two YEAR break in the middle of reading this book. Obviously, something was not going right here. I couldn't help it either!!! It was just soooo boring! I couldn't take another chapter about Aragorn and Gimli and Legolas running around trying to find Merry and Pippin. I just could not read any more about it.

I love the movie, but even the movie is slightly boring when they are doing that, but luckily the movie goes back and forth. The book does not.

As a Lord of the Rings fanatic, it is probably blasphemy for me to not like this book as much as the others, but I do still respect the book. I just cant love it as much as the others.

Is there a book that you want to love, but for some reason or other, you just can't??

No comments:

Post a Comment