Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 1 of 30 Day Challenge!

Day 1: Your 10 Favorite Books of All Time

This is definitely going to be a hard one! They are not in any specific order.

1. Harry Potter Series: I am just going to lump them all into one because I cannot choose between them all! I grew up, literally, on Harry Potter. They absolutely HAD to be on this list.

2. The Fellowship of the Ring: This is my favorite book of the Lord of the Rings series. I wouldn't put all of them together because I actually didn't really like The Two Towers- I was so bored with it I took a two year break in the middle of reading it!! The books are amazing though and I really love this one because it sets up the whole world and it's just a beautiful book.

3. Wide Sargasso Sea: This was a book that my Senior year Novels class teacher gave to me. It was a wonderful book! This is a book that tells you how the original Mrs. Rochester became the crazy locked up woman of Jane Eyre. You really feel for the character and I really like that it goes into how someone turns crazy.

4. A Series of Unfortunate Events Series: I love this series! It is so much fun, all of the things that they go through to find out what really happened and everything.

5. The Black Jewels Trilogy: I know that there are more books now, but when I read them there were only three. I love the world of these books and it is such a roller coaster ride as you go through her life.

6. The DaVinci Code: LOVE it! It's amazing and I just cannot help loving the quest that Langdon goes on and I think that it really can open your mind if you let it.

7. Old Magic: This is a book by an Australian author that I found and I have probably read it 5 times or more. I love it more every time. It is magic in the real world and then they end up going to the past to fight a powerful wizard. I can never get enough of it and I have been dying for them to make a movie of this.

8. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler: If you haven't read this, you should. It is sooo cute! Two kids decide to runaway from home and they do it be living inside of a museum! I want to live inside of a museum...Then they discover something and search for the truth on a possibly famous work of art.

9. The Alexandria Link: This is the second book in the Cotton Malone series. It is about searching for the lost Library of Alexandria (which happens to be an obsession of mine). It was my first Steve Berry book and I cannot help but have it be my absolute favorite!

10. The Fountainhead: This book may be epically long, but it is more than worth reading. If you haven't read any Ayn Rand, then read any of it. Her books are full of philosophical ideas and they really make you think, which I love!

There are some other books that are TOTALLY worth being on this list, but I am pretty happy with the ones that I have :)

What are your 10 favorite books of all time? Have you read any of these? Did you like them too?

No comments:

Post a Comment