Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 5: 5 Books To Bring to a Desert Island

So for Day 5 of the 30 Day Book Challenge it asks which 5 books would be the ones that you would bring to a desert island and why?

1. SAS Survival Handbook: For Any Climate, In Any Situation. Obviously, I am going to need something to help me keep myself alive and so on. Especially since I would die within a few days because I would have absolutely no idea what I'm doing!



















2. The Complete Novels of Jane Austen. I own this book personally, and I am very sad that I still am only on the third novel. I know!! It's so bad of me! Obviously, I need to continue to live vicariously through the intricate love lives of the strong women of her novels. I don't know what I would do without being able to read about my Mr. Darcy!!


3. A Suitable Boy. This is a pretty big book that I have somewhere that I have yet to read. I got it from my high school novels class and I loved some of the other books that she gave/recommended for me and because it is longer, it would keep my attention longer and waste more time while I am bored alone.













4. The Complete Poems of Elizabeth Bishop. Elizabeth is one of my favorite poets. I love her poems and having her complete poems would be a very good option for me to ponder over and read.
















5. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I chose this book because it is another longer book that I own and have yet to read. I also chose it because of the philosophical leanings. My mind needs to be kept thinking and working, otherwise I'm afraid I would end up talking to a volleyball friend like Tom Hanks.





These books are the ones that I would bring with me to a desert island. I think that they are pretty different from each other. What books would you bring?? Ones that you've already read? Ones you haven't? Survival books?

No comments:

Post a Comment