Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 9 Favorite Quotes About Books

For a difference from Day 8, Day 9 of the 30 Day Book Challenge is all about my favorite quotes ABOUT books.

They are all pretty self-explanatory. They are about books. I love books. I think we can get 4 by adding two and two together. :)

“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” 
― Jorge Luis Borges


“Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.” 
― John GreenAn Abundance of Katherines


“So many books, so little time.” 
― Frank Zappa


“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” 
― Oscar Wilde


“Some things don't last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there.” 
― Sarah DessenThis Lullaby


“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” 
― Sylvia Plath


“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” 
― William StyronConversations with William Styron

No comments:

Post a Comment