Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 3 My Favorite Book Characters!

So for Day 3 of the 30 Day challenge, it asks what your favorite book characters are. This is going to be a little bit of an overlap with some of my favorite books, because one of the things that makes me love a book so much are the characters! I also don't really like picking the obvious characters that most people would automatically pick.

So here they are :)

1. Sam Gamgee from Lord of the Rings. I LOVE Sam! I just think he is so cute! I love how he is so loyal and, personally, I think he is just so strong of a character! I even think that he is stronger than Frodo (GASP! I know!!), but he has to be. He is just so pure and I really love that about him.

2. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. This is not the obvious character that everyone would automatically think of, but I just can't help but think she is totally awesome! She is just so weird and out there, but a totally good person. I just love her character, it's crazy - I know, just like her :)

3. Spencer Hastings from Pretty Little Liars. Okay, just bear with me here. I am on a little bit of a Pretty Little Liars book binge....the first four in four days and I am about to order the next four from the library. But seriously, I love Spencer's character in the books. I love her in the show too, but just not as much as the books. In the books she's more of a badass, which I LOVE! Class, smarts, and a bit of a rebel streak? You go girl!

4. Poe from Secret Society Girl. In the first book, I hated him. In the second book, I thought that he had kind of redeemed himself. And by the third book, I loved him. The thing I love the most about this character, is the depth of the character himself. Every book you learn more about him, it is like peeling back layers, and yea he may have made some bad decisions. *cough* Almost ruining his, now girlfriend's life *cough* But he totally makes up for it in his devotion to her :) And I totally think he's dreamy. But I digress.

5. Christoper John Frances Boone from The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. First off, if you haven't read this book...Go. Now. READ IT. Christopher is different from the other kids, he has asperger's. It is a mild form of autism, and because of it, he has no understanding of human emotions. Reading the book from his point of view, you get such a sense for the character and throughout the story you really feel for him. He's the kind of character that really sticks with you and teaches you something, and that is why he is one of my favorites.

These are just a few of my favorite characters, because I pretty much have a favorite character from every book!! Do you like, or even dislike, any of these characters? What are your favorite characters??

No comments:

Post a Comment