Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 18 Soooo Overrated!!!

Day 18 of the 30 Day Book Challenge asks which book I think is completely overrated.

This is actually a book that I have never read. I'm sorry, but I have not read this book mainly because I feel like it is really over-hyped.

The Hunger Games.

Stop be mad and yelling!!

Seriously though, when was the last time you saw a book this hyped?? The answer is Twilight. And I actually really liked the Twilight books, it was the movies that were a complete disaster. I want to read about a love story of two people that should not be together and how Bella almost dies a few times. Her almost dying definitely made it better! (In my humble opinion) However, why would I want to read about a bunch of kids trying to kill each other? Give me a really good answer and maybe, just maybe, I might read the books and/or watch the movie.

Also! Have you seen your local Wal-Mart? Does yours have a HUGE display blocking part of the aisle for just freaking Hunger Games merchandise? Well mine does. Not appreciated. Not really appreciated at all.

Obviously, there seems to be an obsession with the dystopian society novels today. Clearly this says a lot about our own society, but that would be for another discussion and probably a lot of people's topics for English theses.

Eventually, I probably will read this series, but for now I am just going to sit back and watch the hype spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment