Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spotlight Sunday!! Book Challenges

So every Sunday I would really like to do a Sunday Spotlight. It will be about whatever has really caught my attention and what I kind of want to shine a light on. It probably won't always be about book related things, but most of them will I'm sure. :)

This Sunday, what I really wanted to put a spotlight on would be the book challenges that I am a part of and going to do/try. I really like book challenges because they really push you to accomplish more in reading more books, reading different books, and even really looking at the impact books have made in your life.

There are a couple challenges that I am going to be doing:

1. Goodreads.com 2012 Reading Challenge

Even though I am starting the challenge half-way through the year, I have decided that I really want to try and finish reading 50 books by the end of the year! I go back to classes in September, so it's going to be interesting to see how many I can finish! If you have a goodreads account, I definitely recommend checking out this challenge and picking out how many books you want to read by the end of the year and you can choose any number you want! (And if you don't have an account, I TOTALLY recommend getting one! It is a HUGE book community :)  )



2. 30 Day Book Challenge


I found this challenge from http://heckyeahtumblrchallenges.tumblr.com/post/6376613719/30-day-book-and-literature-challenge . Every day for thirty days, you answer a certain question such as -favorite author, -favorite books, etc. I definitely want to try doing this challenge! It will definitely be a lot of work updating this everyday, but I like the challenge of doing that! I'm hoping to start this challenge on Wednesday, the 1st :)



3. Tea Books Reading Challenge


I found this challenge on a fellow blog, http://the-book-garden.blogspot.com/p/tea-books-reading-challenge.html This challenge is probably going to be the hardest actually. In this challenge you try to read as many books over 700 pages as you can and then you have different Tea labeled levels for how many you have read. My REAL challenge for this will be finding books large enough that I am actually interested in reading...we're going to have to see how this goes, but I love tea and books, so I thought it would be fun to try!




Are you a part of any book challenges? Have you tried any? Feel free to link any book challenges that you really liked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment