Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Pointless?


Title: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Author: Douglas Adams
Time it took to read: 2 days
Rating 2 out of 5
So I am not the biggest Sci-fi fan. I read this book for one of my Goodread book clubs, and that’s why I read it. So many people say that this is such a classic read that everyone should read it, but honestly I don’t see why anyone should read this book. Just so you know, I have seen the movie before reading this book. All I even remember from the movie is some weird guy with three arms. The movie is not worth it at all. The book is barely worth it more than the movie.
Maybe it is just the writer’s style, but they sound like an idiot. The whole book is pretty much pointlessly about the Earth being destroyed and how one man got off the Earth before it was destroyed and his bungling adventures. I don’t know, maybe the book series gets better, but I just really didn’t like the book much. It was so easy to finish because it took fewer brain cells to read than to work facebook. 
If it’s your kind of thing, then fine, but it’s not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment